Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Things I will miss upon returning to the States

  • Not being able to walk everywhere
  • Prominent, reliable public transportation (particularly trains)
  • Having time to pleasure read while studying at University
  • Easily accessible friends
  • Complete independence and autonomy to do what I want when I want
  • Consistently fresh, sweet fruits and vegetables
  • Taj (the Indian grocery store where I buy at least 50% of my food)
  • The myriad of good-quality second-hand shops in Brighton
  • Europe’s comfortable, uncompetitive atmosphere and attitude
  • Living by the beach
  • Foreign accents and new vocabulary words
  • Comparing America with other countries/cultures
  • 1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    ok, so you were living by the beach--
    have you gone swimming IN THE OCEAN yet?

    and yah, i understand missing europe. for all it's so expensive, it's so damn chill.