Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Snapshot Book Review: A Million Little PIeces

A Million Little Pieces A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
As a work of fiction, I can see why a publisher wouldn't take it--as it was written. But if the publishing industry still bothered to put effort into fixing up books, I think this could easily have been marketed as a modern-day One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Then, the fact that it was even partially autobiographical would have been intriguing--and thus exploitable. It's sad that this man was so desperate to sell his book that he was willing to lie, but honestly, I would have signed this book light years before I would have signed The Da Vinci Code.

Anyone interested in parsing fact from fiction, take a look at this article.


View all my reviews.

No comments: