Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Too Hot to Handle

This is the most unusual case of sexual harassment I have ever seen: Woman Fired Over Looks.

Who ever heard of a woman being too hot for her job? Usually, men are thrilled to have an attractive female working in the cubicle next to them. Sure, it might be distracting, but from what I understand, this is usually a welcome distraction! And come on: if a guy cannot control his lust long enough to get some work done, then he's the one who should be fired.

While this is a bizarre instance of reverse-discrimination, I worry that it will give people one more excuse for why they were either fired or didn't get the job in the first place. Just imagine all the women who will now be claiming, "I was too hot, so they wouldn't hire me." (Barring the snaggle tooth and five chins, she might be right!)

Fortunately, I don't think this will ever become a problem for me. I am the girl who wears corduroy skirts, flip flops, and mismatched cardigans to work every day. On the rare day I wear high heels, no fewer than five colleagues ask me if I am going somewhere special after work. So I doubt I'm too distracting . . . unless my colleagues are actually consultants for Tim Gunn.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yeah, but she is ACTUALLY hot! "Hot" doesn't even do her justice.