Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Eating In

My new favorite vegetables:
  • Cabbage
  • Zucchini (called courgettes here)
  • Eggplant (called aubergines here)

    Particularly in stir-fry and in ratatouille, these vegetables are delicious! I also tend to eat tons and tons of chickpeas, because chicken (called, well, chicken, I suppose) here is bloody expensive. That is one food I will appreciate loads more when I return to the states. I’ve been told I’m a vegetarian for not eating red meat, but I am not and never will be a vegetarian; I miss the taste and texture of the air and the sea in my mouth. Or, rather, its creatures. Brighton gets plenty of wind and rain.

  • 3 comments:

    Dad said...

    Being a coastal town, is there not FRESH seafood there?

    Dave said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Dave said...

    is red meat less expensive?
    (i spelled red "read" in the last comment by accident, hence the deleted comment, haha whoops)