Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Trotting for Turkey

So I have half of a Thanks-Giving post written, but in the meantime, I'll post something else I'm thankful for: finishing the Prospect Park Turkey Trot in a respectable time!

In fact, as this is only the 3rd time I've ever race 5 miles, my time was actually a PR (Personal Record). However, based on my (much faster) 5k PR this past August, I'm convinced that I can run a faster 5 mile race. Still, coming off of a lazy marathon recovery, I can't really complain too bitterly.

Plus, we got gloves and a turkey-shaped finisher medal as our race swag. PLUS hot chocolate at the end of the race. So yeah, no complaints.

Results of this race:

Race Length
Finishing Time
Average Pace
Overall Place
Gender Place
Age Group Place
(F25-29)
5 miles
34:31
6:54/mile
72/ 2,227
8/ TBD
2/267

No comments: