The big thing
This week, we (R___ and I) moved apartments. We didn't go any farther than across the street, but it's worth noting that the building we moved into didn't exist three years ago (at which time we couldn't have afforded a building like this anyway).
It has been seven years since either of us moved, so I will now proceed on to . . .
The little things
In no particular order, here is a list of what excites me about this new apartment. By the end of the list, it should be fairly clear why we decided to move.
- A bedroom door that closes
- A bathroom door that closes (and locks)
- Window screens that don't have fist-sized holes in them
- Kitchen counters
- Air conditioning
- A roof that doesn't leak
- A shower that doesn't leak
- Hall lights that are actually on when it's dark outside
- A shower drain that does what it's supposed to (i.e., drain water)
- A doorman who can accept packages (i.e., prevent other people from stealing said packages)
- Laundry machines that are less than half a mile away
- Did I mention air conditioning?