Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Snapshot Book Review: Waiter Rant

Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter by Steve Dublanica

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To anyone who has ever worked in the food service industry: this book is spot-on amazing. Every nasty cook or customer is someone you've either worked with or for, and if you haven't, you know you will.

Plus, even as a consumer, you cannot help but giggle over some of the obvious truths he illustrates throughout the books. Don't go out to eat on Valentine's Day. Why? Because even if you make reservations, you will be squeezed into a restaurant that shoved more tables than it has the capacity to hold and eat sub-par overpriced food being dumped out of the kitchen by overworked cooks. Duh.

I am even more wowed by the fact that this book started out as a blog. This is pretty much my ambition: to turn my blog into something more substantial and widely read . . . like a book. Of course, Waiter Rant was considerably more refined than my personal "here are some curious events and my thoughts on them" blog. But hey, you never know what a project can turn into. . . .

View all my reviews >>

No comments: