Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Warm Fuzzies #7: A Natural...ly Hard Worker

My aunt recently revised her catering menu (she is a registered dietician and cooks meals in people's homes for them). Each time she does this, she sends it out to our family and a few friends, to get our feedback. In the past, I haven't either had the time or the desire to write much in response, but this time around, I drafted a summary what I thought were the strengths and weaknesses of the menu, along with my suggestions, and sent them back to her. I basically just did what I had always done for my friends, and then for Write-On (the online version of Writing Fellows); it wasn't anything special. Or at least it didn't feel like anything special until I received her enthusiastic response.

Allison,

Wow! thank you so much for your very insightful and specific comments. And such discreet manner, also--you are either a natural at editing, or you've been working at your style. I'm going to pass this compliment onto your parents. We are all so proud of you!

It is indescribably gratifying to be told you are good at something you enjoy doing. I enjoy reviewing documents and providing that sort of critical feedback. Now all I need to do is find someone who is equally enthusiastic about my capabilities and is willing to pay me for them....

No comments: