Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Snapshot Book Review: Because I Love Her

Because I Love Her Because I Love Her by Nicki Richesin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a beautiful collection of essays written by women about their daughters--usually young daughters--told through reflections about their relationships with their mothers. I think mothers, particularly young ones, will take the most from reading this collection, but even without having a daughter of my own, I related to many of the messages the writers convey through their small pieces. Essays that struck me in particular include:

  • "Cutting the Purse Strings" by Heather Swain
  • "Other People’s Mothers" by Katrina Onstad
  • "A Girl Grows in Brooklyn" by Sara Woster
  • "Mother Hunting" by Kaui Hart Mennings
  • "What I Would Tell Her" by Rachel Sarah

I would recommend this book to all women who either adore or abhor their mothers and want to reflect just a little bit more on that relationship.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: